After hand-planing the boards on the non-routed side, I started to glue them on the baffles on every other segment of the hexadecagon. A 10 inch scope would not be very much longer or heavier than my 6 inch, yet it would allow me to see much more. While I was building the primary mirror, I used Mel Bartels‘s website a lot. I am thankful to enjoy the inspiration, and the details, that you provide, as I will soon be constructing a Dobsonian Telescope. After a few weeks of no communication from them, no ability to phone or email them, and no mirror cell arriving. After another 3 weeks, I was concerned that I had not received the mirror. Europa and Ganymede where really sharp too. I called to express my concern and was told that it had all been packaged a few weeks ago and that it should have been sent. It is a beauty and I hope I can pull off something half as beautiful. I got the blank and abrasives from here: http://firsthanddiscovery.com/8-inch-telescope-mirror-kit.html. Some of the very best planetary and deep sky pics I have seen have come from a Fuji S3 professioanl camera [based on a Nikon body] and a Canon 20Da, which was designed with [I think...] a user replaceable inside the mirror box filter for astral photography. For complete instructions on building a telescope such as this one, I strongly recommend buying a copy of The Dobsonian Telescope by David Kriege and Richard Berry. I wanted to finish that instructable before the contest ended but was too late :-). I first tried my 32mm plossl eyepiece. Rather than use a sheet of plastic Kydex to finish the tube, as recommended in K/B, I ordered a sheet of birch veneer. Thank you for your pages. I am a retired USAF electronics engineer, and might even do much of the construction of the base with welded structural tubing, as, I do have a complete metal working shop besides my wood shop, here. I did run into a small problem with the focuser. I found out pretty quickly that building my own telescope would only be a bargain if I made my own mirror and mechanical parts. Likewise, the side bearings are made of two identical semicircles of 5/8 inch plywood glued together, creating side bearings that are 1 ¼ inches thick. It took about 3 weeks but, since Anttler's did not even reply to the Paypal dispute, I received a Paypal refund. I told them to take their time and get it right. Another thing, the resolution on the Dumbell nebula seems a bit too high for that telescope. Using a compass I drew circles on the top and bottom of the ground board to mark the inside and outside of the teflon ring on the bottom of the rocker bottom. I also started to design the baffles using Inkscape. They even offered to send the spider, secondary holder, and secondary mirror immediately so that I could begin working on the tube while I waited for the primary. I have several of the books on building a Dobsonian Telescope. I am well versed in technology, have all the tools necessary to build my own! When I looked at the costs, I seriously considered buying an Orion telescope instead of building my own. Not worth the effort, price is tooo high. The primary mirror rests on 3 silicon glue dots and is maintained on the side by 3 nylon screws. As I read the book I decided that I should build a 12.5 inch truss tube scope. With the baffles cut, I started to think about how I would glue the 16 sides together. Here’s another beautiful telescope I found on Stargazers Lounge. Two of the holes for the bolts were blocked by knobs. After a dry fit of the rocker to make sure that the tube box with side bearings would fit well, I glued the rocker sides to the rocker front, holding them in place with small nails and clamping overnight. I knew that I would be returning the mirror cell to them, but just for fun I decided to see how it would fit in the tube. We then spread contact cement over the remaining veneer and tube surface, waited for the glue to dry, and carefully rolled the tube over the veneer. I used one of the top scraps from the rocker sides to mark an angle of 70 degrees from the center of the arc to the curved cut in order to properly space 1 X 7/8 teflon pads on the arcs. A few months later I ordered some other things from Scopestuff, including strips of Ebony Star laminate for the side bearings, a ring of Ebony Star for the rocker bottom, a strip of teflon to cut pieces for the ground board and side bearings, and a new base for my Telrad finder. Your astrophotographer friend may have included his own images from his setup. I got no response to phone calls or emails after another week, and decided to wait until the primary would be finished in another two weeks. (I didn't have the primary mirror yet). They suggested a construction supply place on the other side of the city that I had not called yet. Although they don't usually sell these parts, because I had ordered the mirrors from them they offered to sell me the spider and secondary holder that they use in their scopes. It was May 12th.

Chef John Caramelized Onions, 12 Week Shred Program Pdf, Perelman School Of Medicine Admissions, Pfaff Embroidery Foot, Kale Puffs Recipe, Impossible Blueberry Custard Pie, 2018 Harley-davidson Ultra Classic, Best Curly Hair Products,